My name is Melina Castillo. I'm very excited about teaching 7th grade English/Language Arts for the Film and Media Magnet on my 23rd year in the education industry. My wide experience in the field makes me appreciate the T.S. King MS community even more. TSK has parents who are involved in their children's lives. The teachers here are dedicated to give their best to the students and their families. I am in a very special place!
Below are some documents that my students and their parents may want to check every now and then as a reminder of my expectations. These are designed to help every student do well in my classes.
This page is also designed to provide parents and students information about major assignments/projects and upcoming events. Additionally, forms that students will use many times will be available for download here.
Please be sure to check this page regularly.
Facts About Me
1. Bachelor's Degree: Loyola Marymount University
2. Teaching Credential: Mount Saint Mary's College
3. CLAD Credential (allows me to teach students who are English Language Learners): Stanford University
4. Master's Degree: Pepperdine University
1. 14 years teaching (so far)
2. 3 years as an Assistant Principal in middle and high school
3. 2 years as a Principal for a 6-12 SPAN school
4. Curriculum Developer
5. Teacher Coach and Mentor Teacher (Master Teacher)
6. Teacher Professional Development Developer and Trainer
7. Administrator Trainer
1. I love animals, dogs in particular :-)
2. I enjoy eating milk chocolate (Swiss and U.K. made are the best!)... yum!
3. Reading is fun! Really!
4. I can watch CNN for hours!
5. Good coffee and good tea --- it's not a good morning without a cup.
6. Travel --- the best way to learn about and appreciate others! I travel every chance I get.
7. I'm proud of being a multi-racial person.
8. The sound of ocean waves is relaxing.
9. Learning is fun! Truly!
10. I'm a proud nerd :-))