Spring is here, and we are moving into our Testing Time of the year. This is the time for our students to show what they have learned through various assessments.
California Standards Test (CST)
- Track C: Monday through Friday, March 20-31, 2006
- Tracks A & B: Monday through Friday, May 15-26, 2006
California Fitnessgram Test
- Track B: February 1-14, 2006
- Track C: February 1-April 21, 2006
- Track A: March 6-April 21, 2006
GO TO SLEEP EARLY....EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST...TRY YOUR BEST....YOUR SCORES FOLLOW YOU TO HIGH SCHOOL
As we are in our second semester and nearing the end of the school year,
Please be mindful of the following:
- Report Cards are mailed approximately every 4 weeks:
- Friday, March 3, 2006 - Tracks B and C
- Friday, April 7, 2006 - Tracks A and C
- Friday, April 28, 2006 - Tracks A and C
- Friday, June 2, 2006 - Tracks A and B
- Friday, June 30, 2006 - Tracks A and B
- Students who have "CSS" or better on these report cards earn a "Certificate of Merit" and a "Front of the Line Pass" for their hard work in their classes.
- 8th grade ceremonies and activities are earned based on a student's academic achievement. The ceremonies and activities are listed on the last page. Goals of our 6th, 7th and 8th grade students are to culminate from Thomas Starr King Middle School, pass the California High School Exit Exam, graduate from high school, and enter into a higher education institution, with the ultimate goal of becoming highly educated to live a productive and complete life. That is why our School Motto is "Achievement With Honor and Pride".
Students: Make Your Parents and your school proud of you!
Sincerely Your Principal,