Updated Thursday, January 5th
Are you an LA Unified STUDENT or EMPLOYEE who tested POSITIVE for COVID-19 during Winter Break? If you tested outside of LAUSD, upload the positive test result/s to your Daily Pass and the Office of Community Engagement will contact you with specific guidance on isolation and date of return to campus for your particular case. Staff and students should not test again for 90 days after the test date.
For additional assistance, contact the Family Help Desk at (213) 443-1300.
Updated Wednesday, January 5
To keep schools as safe as possible, proof of a negative COVID-19 baseline test is required for students to come onto campus for the start of spring semester on Jan. 11. Upload an external test on your student's Daily Pass or click here to find a walk-in site in Local District Central. Appointments are not required and walk-ins are welcome. Visit the COVID website for the latest information.
Updated Tuesday, January 4
We are excited to start the Spring semester! The first day of school is Tuesday, January 11, with regular dismissal at 3:15 pm.
Following up on Monday, January 3rd, message from Interim Superintendent Reilly, all students and employees, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, returning for in-person instruction must have a negative COVID test result before coming to school.
Options for completing the COVID-19 test requirement:
- Los Angeles Unified COVID-19 testing sites near King MS, operating from 8 am to 4 pm, until this Friday, January 7th, include
- Lexington Primary Center (4564 Lexington Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90029)
- Sotomayor Arts and Sciences Magnet (2050 N San Fernando Rd, Los Angeles, CA 9006)
- Information about additional testing sites can also be found on the Los Angeles Unified website at achieve.lausd.net/covidtestingappt (Click on “Local District Central” for sites near King MS).
- COVID-19 at-home rapid self-tests are available for K-12 students. You can pick up your student’s free at-home COVID-19 rapid self-tests on Friday, January 7 and Saturday, January 8 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the nearest Grab & Go site, including King MS. Please visit achieve.lausd.net/covid for a map of additional pickup locations.
- Families may upload external PCR or antigen tests, including one of the provided at-home tests, and upload them onto the student’s Daily Pass account no later than Sunday, January 9, 2022.
For information on how to upload an external test result, please visit achieve.lausd.net/dailypass.
For more information on this and other policies, please visit achieve.lausd.net/spring2022.
Thank you for your continued support and patience. We look forward to seeing everyone on January 11!